Terms & Conditions | Indemnity | Payments
In consideration of the services of Detour Trails its members, managers, agents, employees and all other persons or entities associated with that business, I agree as follows:
Although Detour Trails has taken reasonable steps to ensure I have appropriate equipment and provides skilled trip coordinators so I can enjoy my activity for which I may not be skilled, Detour Trails has informed me that this activity is not without risk. Certain risks are inherent with each activity and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activity. These inherent risks are some of the same elements that contribute to the unique character of this activity and can be the cause of loss or damage to my equipment, or accidental injury, illness or in the extreme case permanent injury or death. Detour Trails does not intend to frighten me or to reduce my enthusiasm for this activity, but believes it is important for me (and my parents or guardians if appropriate) to be informed of the inherent risks. The following describes some but not all of those risks :
- Weather conditions, which may change rapidly and unpredictably and may cause injury directly (eg: rain or hail , storms, snow, sunburn, lightning strikes and the likes) by or acting upon other factors (eg: performance of equipment may be impaired by weather conditions.)
- Equipment used in the activity may break, fail or malfunction, despite reasonable maintenance and use. Some of the equipment used in activities may inflict injuries, even when used as intended. Persons using equipment may lose control of such equipment and cause injury to themselves and/or others.
- Most activities that take place in a natural environment, where unexpected, unseen, and unmarked objects and conditions create risk of injury or death from falling, tripping, slipping, insect or animal contact, unstable surface conditions, falling rocks and objects, potentially harmful vegetation and the like.
These are some, but not all, of the risks inherent in mountain biking, adventure, and camping activities, a complete listing of inherent and other risks is not possible. There are also risks that cannot be anticipated. I agree to assume and accept full responsibility for the risks identified herein and those inherent risks not specifically identified. My participation is purely voluntary, no one is forcing me to participate in spite of and with full knowledge of the inherent risks.
Any travel in vehicles provided by Detour Trails is at your own risk.
I acknowledge that the group leader appointed by Detour Trails has the right to change any elements of the tour due to conditions outside of Detour Trails control (eg. Weather) should they deem it necessary to maintain the integrity of the tour.
I acknowledge that Detour Trails will not be held liable for any tours I have booked that are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
I have carefully read , clearly understand and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this agreement shall be binding upon myself, my heirs, personal representative and estate all members of my family, including minor children. I, on behalf of myself hereby release and waive any claim of liability against Detour Trails, its members, managers, employees (hired and volunteer) and agents with respect to any injury, illness, damage or death occurring to me while participating in any and all Detour Trails programs and activities.
I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Detour Trails, its members, managers, employees (hired or volunteer) and agents from any responsibility for damage or loss of equipment or personal injury, illness or death that may result from participating in Detour Trails activities.
It is a condition of your contract with us that you must have suitable, adequate medical aid or travel insurance before you travel to cover yourself for cancellation, curtailment, injury or illness during your holiday with Detour Trails. We do not check medical aid / insurance policies for suitability, but reserve the right to request a copy. You are responsible for indemnifying us in full in the event that we incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover.
If medical treatment is necessary, I hereby give permission to the coordinator of the activity or their duly appointed representative to secure proper medical treatment which may include, but not be limited to hospitalization, surgery, ordering of injection, or anesthesia.
I authorize the use of photographs and written comments by myself (or my child) about the activity to be used by Detour Trails for promotional materials.
– Non-refundable deposit of 25% of Tour Total per person to secure booking.
– The balance of 75% is due 15 days AFTER confirmation that tour is a go.
- Refunds on any and all payments made to Detour Trails should we cancel the trip.
- All payments that have been made are forfeited should you withdraw.
- Cancellations must be written and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substitutions are allowed, ie. You may find an alternate participant to take your place should you not be able to take you place on your tour.