How does the booking process work?
- We require a 25% deposit to start booking all the individual elements of your trip, which is payable by EFT or PayPal (the full balance is due 15 days after the tour is confirmed as a GO).
- Every trip is tailor made, so we confirm availability individually and book all your accommodation and options, then send you final confirmation as soon as everything is confirmed (max 10 working days).
- If we are unable to accommodate you on your confirmed dates/tour or an alternative of your choice your deposit is fully refunded.
The important thing is not to book flights or travel until you get your final confirmation email. Most of the time, there will be no problem though!
What are the best times of year to ride in each place you tour?
Our trip information sheets should indicate the best time for each tour on the second page but if you aren’t sure what tour you should be looking at ….
- Summer (Sept – April): No Man’s Land and Lesotho
- Winter (May – Aug): The Wild Coast, Mozambique, No Man’s Land, the Valley of 1000 hills, Zululand
- All Year Round: Pondoland, Battlefields
Do you rent bikes?
- Yes and for some tours like our Wild Coast and Mozambique tours we suggest you hire one of our fat bikes.
- For general mountain bike tours, we prefer you to bring your own bikes, but we do make exceptions. We have access to a range of good quality bikes, including full suspension bikes so get hold of us if you would like to see if you can hire a suitable bike.
Are there any Malaria areas where you tour?
- Our Mozambique tours fall in a Malaria area, if you choose to take medication, we suggest you consult your health-care professional before the tour.
- While not Malaria areas, Pondoland, The Wild Coast and The Battlefields do have mosquitoes during summer, so we advise you to take mosquito repellant along as a precaution.
What vaccinations if any, are required?
- It depends on where you are coming from, so we suggest you consult your medical professional or a travel doctor.
What is the cancellation policy?
- We suggest you check our booking conditions page for full information
Do I need travel insurance or medical aid?
Yes, this is one of the conditions of booking with us. You need to be on a medical aid or arrange adequate travel insurance to cover you for any eventuality during your trip.
Make sure your medical aid/insurance provider covers you for the area you will be traveling to and any activities you will be taking part in on your trip.
How often do we see the support vehicle during each day?
It depends on the day’s ride but this will be discussed at each day’s briefing.
Is it possible to do laundry on the tour?
Yes and no, some establishments do offer that service, however on most tours there won’t be daily laundry services so it is imperative to pack and plan well. We recommend riders wash their kit daily when washing their bodies! Keeps life simple.
Do you cater for special diets?
Yes, we do. Please indicate special dietary requirements on your booking form.
Can you organise additional travel arrangements before or after the tour, as well as places to stay?
Yes, if you require any additional travel arrangements please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have international banking details?
Yes, our PayPal details are: XPUATRMW3WHT2